This is a modified version of Ginataang Mackerel. Instead of mackerel, I used salmon and shrimp for the protein along with napa cabbage, jalapeños, and bell peppers for the veggies. I also used bagoong in this recipe instead of fish sauce.
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño sliced
- 2 tsp bagoong (use salt if you don’t have any)
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1lb salmon
- 1lb shrimp
- ginger cut in strips
- 1/2 napa cabbage
- Sauté onion, garlic, bagoong, and ginger.
- Add coconut milk. Bring to a boil for 5 mins.
- Lower heat and add salmon, bell pepper, and napa cabbage. Cover the pot and simmer for 5 to 7 mins.
- Add shrimp. Wait until it turns pink.
- Adjust bagoong (or salt) and black pepper if needed.
- Serve with rice.