Fried sardines with fried rice and fried egg were one of my favorite meals to eat when I was growing up in the Philippines. It’s really easy, and it’s basically the same as this Jamaican recipe. I personally like to eat it with vinegar on the side, but that’s optional.
- 1 can sardines in oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 Small onion
- Black pepper
- 1 egg
- Heat up the oil from the sardine can in the pan.
- Sauté garlic and onion until caramelized.
- Add sardines and cook for a little bit.
- Add pepper to taste. Depending on the sardines, it might already be salty.
- Fry the egg and the rice in the residual oil.